Library Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations in the Library are meant to promote the judicious and fair use of Library materials for the mutual benefit of the University community.
However, students are reminded that the following rules and regulations are enforced and enjoin all to abide by them.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library
- Talking on mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library reading zone.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Silence must be observed in and around the Library at every time
- Library users must prominently display their Student ID on them at all times.
- No items belonging to the library are to be taken out of the library unless they have been checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended. The DIU library will not be responsible for the loss of personal belongings.
- Making unreasonable noise, loud conversations, and unnecessary gossiping that can distract other library users are not permitted.
- Group study zone is used for academic purposes only
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and smoking are not allowed in the library.
- Library furniture/equipment should not be moved from its original location.
- Library computers are provided to be strictly used for academic purposes and cannot be used for personal e-mail, online chatting, or playing games.
- Library staffs reserve the right to inspect bags or other personal property when users enter or leave the library.
- When a user is caught breaching the library rules and regulations, immediate action will be taken.
- Defaulter may be suspended for one semester from the library.