A. Library Professional Development Work
- Library webpage will be reshuffled as an effective, easy, and understandable access to DIU library resources and services to the users
- Training programs on Dspace, Koha and MARC21 for building digital library will be held in every semester during semester gap
- Starting a new program on Post Graduate Diploma in Information Science and Library Management.
- Training on open source software VuFind library search engine for DIU library personnel
- Organizing a workshop on Research Process and Publications for library professionals
- Publication of a newsletter in DIU library.
- CAS (Current Awareness Service) and SDI (Selective Dissemination of Information) for users
- Information Literacy Program (Advance searching, Research Process and Library Orientation and Citation Style)
B. Central and Branch Library Development Work
- Extension of library space is essentially needed to provide extensive and advanced information services.
- Identification of Radio Frequency (RFID) will be implemented***
- Seating re-arrangement will be modified for increasing study space ( library 3rd floor)**
- Establishment of roof top café library at DIU central library***
- Implement patron counter for Permanent Campus and Uttara Campus Library
- Implement a local server for depository of Project Report / Dissertation
- Library stair mosaic cleaning and painting indoor wall
- Arrange exhibition and book fair services
- Implement citation management software